Monday 4 June 2018

WATERMELON AND DANCING TANGO IN THE PIAZZA - Days 39 & 40


WATERMELON AND DANCING TANGO  IN THE PIAZZA – 2 and 3 JUNE, Days 39 & 40

Life and work continue as we do more jobs on the boat. Out came the paint pots on Saturday and we refreshed part of the cockpit’s white paint. We can’t do it all at once or will have no safe place to sit. We bought half of a large water melon and are enjoy the regular refreshing taste now the temperatures are heading towards 30 degrees. The price is now 50 cents a kilo which is the point at which I buy regularly in the summer. In the supermarket was Ewa, a Polish Thomas Cook holiday rep, so Anita was happy to speak Polish with her for a few minutes.

On Sunday I charged the two ship’s batteries from mains electricity to give us the best start once we leave land connection. I don’t know where / how to check the input from the solar panels, nor do I know how much charge the awaited Yamaha outboard will bring. I did not change lighting to LED and we need to run auto pilot, lights and fridge so I will be monitoring the battery levels closely as I don’t plan to pay over 60 euros a night in marinas. I am told that in Greece some tavernas offer electricity and water if you eat there. That sounds good but perhaps also essential sometimes to keep the fridge running.

I started to dance Argentine Tango in Malta in 2010 or 2011 and have loved to travel and find welcome at milongas in other countries. In the last year we only danced once in Malta so I was happy to see a poster advertising milonga in the Piazza of Marina di Ragusa for Sunday evening. Of course it did not start at 20.00 as advertised but finally tango music was heard and the first three couples started to dance. Soon we joined them, wearing sandals, and danced almost non-stop for over an hour and a half. It was a lovely experience and the mix of classical and Nuevo tango music was particularly good.




No comments:

Post a Comment