Wednesday 27 May 2020

Hay fever season and beaches open.

Since childhood I suffered strong seasonal allergies which was always called hay fever. For many years I have been on or near to the sea at this time to be removed from the strongest source.


This year our freedoms are locked down in the name of covid-19. I have experienced three weeks of strongest reaction living in nature amongst many grasses and flower pollens in particular and returned to my traditional habits, eye drops, sunglasses even during darkness, inhaler and vaseline to prevent some particles from entering nose.
I am happy to say it is subsiding now. Being able to walk near the coast and on beaches has been a blessing allowing me to breathe clean pollen free air.


It was also possible to visit a friend's farm, close to the coast and with less pollens for me.






No chance to go sailing yet as the boat is ashore in Greece and travel is uncertain but we are grateful to have the Atlantic Ocean a short distance away.











No comments:

Post a Comment